Oh good gravy - where has the week gone? Well, we bought a new mattress (finally!) and the puppy (okay, he's 100lbs so a biiiig puppy) went insane and killed a plant in our living room by tearing it into teeny tiny pieces and getting it (and the dirt) everywhere, and I finalized a week long tour in Alaska (it's like crossing America so be impressed) and we nearly got all the taxes done (soon, soon, soon) and I was sick.
Oh yeah, that's where the week has gone. But still here are some bits of note:
1. New issue of Bookslut is out with my column about illustrated books and graphic novels. I think the literary world would be a better place with more illustrations in it. I know they make me happy.
2. After a peek at this bookstack I can only assume that Maud Newton and I are having some sort of reading convergence. I can't believe how many books to read we have in common - and such good taste we have! ha!
3. And hey - a Maud Newton podcast interview!
4. Andrea Barrett has fiction in the new issue of Tinhouse. That means that yes, I am all over getting a copy as soon as possible. (The issue is dedicated to science.) (This makes me very happy.)
5. I have finished reading Strange Tribes about the Hemingway family. I'm still thinking about it but soon I'm going to post about it. (There is a lot to think about.)
6. Finally, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel just looks fabulous - Judi Dench, Maggie Smith, Bill Nighy and on and on. I couldn't be more excited!